OUR COVID-19 PROTOCOL
As responsible hoteliers and in line with our company values, the health and safety of all those who visit and work at our hotel is our primary concern and priority. We have a designated team to coordinate our Covid-19 re-opening protocols and ongoing safety activities.
Manor West Hotel is now open to guests, however, unfortunately at present we can’t promise that all our services will be available at time of stay as we are adhering to Government and W.H.O. directives.
We are committed to taking action and have implemented the following measures:
- We are assessing, monitoring and implementing recommendations and best practice from the WHO and HSE and Irish Hotel Federation.
- We have provided sanitiser stations throughout the building.
- We have identified all common touch points and have implemented a thorough sanitisation of these points.
- Extra public area staff have been rostered to ensure regular sanitising of commonly touched surfaces
- Our internal communications systems are ensuring an efficient flow of protocols and updates to our team.
- We have circulated HSE guidelines on personal hygiene and travel arrangements to all.
- We have implemented full procedures for sanitising guestrooms including all touch points e.g. remote controls, handles, light switches
- We are committed to providing the additional manpower required to implement best practice procedures
- We are committed to playing our part in trying to prevent Covid-19 from escalating.
- We ask that our customers do the same and follow the HSE guidelines regarding personal hygiene and Covid-19.
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- You will receive information from us guiding you through a simple check-in process, helping to reduce contact time at our Reception Desk.
- Hotel keys are disinfected and sanitised after each use.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- You will be offered use of sanitiser.
- Please present your COVID Pass (vaccination or recovery) and photo ID for dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner in Mercantile Bar & Bistro and Sea Salt Café. Residents of the hotel please have your COVID Pass and photo ID ready for inspection at hotel check in.
- You will be required to sign a Covid free declaration on arrival, confirming you are well and healthy and have not had contact with a confirmed case in the previous 14 days.
- Our front office team and public areas cleaning teams will wear PPE as required by Government health guidelines.
- All keys are sanitised prior to use.
- Elevators will be limited to travel party only, enhanced elevator cleaning with sanitiser available at each elevator entry point.
- Express checkout is encouraged with contactless payment available.
- Hand Sanitiser is available in all main hotel areas and enhanced public area sanitising is in place.
- We have reduced the capacity limit throughout the hotel to ensure the safety of our guests and team.
DURING YOUR STAY
- Colleagues will wear PPE equipment in line with Government health and the WHO guidelines.
- Hand sanitisers will be readily available throughout the main hotel and non-visible service areas of the hotel.
- We will have signage in place to encourage and remind people about regular hand cleaning and social distancing protocols.
- Contactless payment will be encouraged at all points.
- Furniture has been rearranged to allow for adequate social distancing.
- Air hand dryers will be deactivated until further notice and guest are requested to use paper towels and the pedal bin provided.
Our family playroom, The Den
We are delighted to advise that our playroom for smaller residents, The Den, is open to our residents. It will operate on a pre booked time slot basis to allow for cleaning intervals between bookings. Time slots can be booked prior to arrival or on check in and are subject to availability.
- All dining residents and non-residents are to present their COVID Pass (vaccination or recovery) and photo ID for dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner in Mercantile Bar & Bistro and Sea Salt Café. Residents of the hotel please have your COVID Pass and photo ID ready for inspection at hotel check in.
- Hotel guest numbers are controlled as are the number of guests having breakfast, lunch or dinner at any one time.
- It is advisable to book your preferred time to ensure availability for breakfast.
- Restaurant tables will be adequately spaced apart and the number of diners will be reduced in both restaurants, in line with safety protocols. Alcohol will only be served in line with government guidelines.
- All restaurant tables will be sanitised after each individual sitting.
- Our chefs will limit the menus, until further notice, for quality assurance.
- All condiments are now provided in sealed Jars and/or sachets.
- There will be no buffet or bar service in operation. All food & beverage will be served to you directly by our friendly team.
- We request that our guests room charge only for food & beverage.
- In-room dining will be conducted with minimal contact or you can opt to have your order left outside your door. All food is covered throughout transit.
- All dining areas will be ventilated after each meal period.
- Enhanced Kitchen cleaning measures and social distancing in our Kitchen.
- Food Safety/HACCP* – We will continue to observe the strictest good hygiene practice across all areas of food preparation for our restaurants and in-room dining. *Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point.
- External produce delivery and social distancing is managed to best practice to ensure guest & team safety.
- Deliveries are scheduled to allow sufficient time between deliveries to adhere to our safety protocols and also allow for safe distancing during delivery times.
IN YOUR ROOM
- Government and WHO guidelines for cleaning and sanitising guest rooms will be adhered to. Frequently touched areas will be thoroughly disinfected regularly during your stay. (ie: telephones, remote controls, handles, taps etc).
- We will continue to offer In-room tea/coffee facilities but with single use disposable cups for your safety.
- Housekeeping service will be once per day and room must be vacated for this period. Alternatively you can communicate with our housekeeping team via Reception. (i.e. Towels and Water Only, No Service Required).
- Room attendants will wear the recommended PPE in line with Government guidelines.
- Bed linen will be handled with extreme care so as to avoid lifting dust. All linen is laundered at a minimum of 70C for at least 25 minutes.
- Housekeeping will open windows when servicing a room, ensuring adequate ventilation.
HEALTH AND FITNESS CENTRE & SWIMMING POOL
- All users to present their COVID Pass (vaccination or recovery) for access to our gym and leisure centre.
- The number of guests in the Health and Fitness centre and pool will have to be controlled by us for your safety.
- The swimming pool and gym are open, the hot tub will be open with social distancing but currently the sauna and steam room will not be open .
- We recommend using your guestroom for changing into bathing and gym gear. If you wish to use the pool changing facilities you may do so. A strict sanitisation programme is in place for this area.
- The Hot Tub will also reopen when permitted with social distancing protocols in place, for your safety, but not the sauna or steam room just yet.
- Government and WHO guidelines are used for the cleaning and sanitising protocols of all pool areas. High-touch points will be repeatedly sanitised (ie: chairs, handles, rails, desks etc).
- The pool area will be pressure washed and sanitised each evening and regular chemical/chlorine checks will be done and recorded.
ADDITIONAL SAFETY MEASURES OUR COLLEAGUES ARE TAKING
- Hand sanitiser will be used before entering the hotel premises, throughout the day and again when leaving.
- Supervisors will monitor the proper use of all PPE and ensure that it is managed in accordance with Government guidelines.
- Team shifts are staggered to ensure adequate social distancing during break times and will comply with the social distancing rules.
- Additional training has been provided to all team members and supervisors will continue to monitor strict compliance.
- All windows will be kept open where possible for good ventilation.
- Offices have been rearranged to apply to social distancing regulations.
- We have implemented “working from home” where reasonable, to allow for more adequate office space.
- High touch-points in offices are disinfected regularly.
This list is not exhaustive and will be updated subject to government guidelines and updates.
6 December 2021